Saturday, August 21, 2010

Red Castle

Red Castle was A LOT of Fun with all these wonderful boys! We hiked in 8 miles last Wednesday to set up camp just as it was getting dark, and then we finished out the 2.5 miles up to Red Castle Thursday morning. Can I just tell you, HIKING not necessarily the right word. These boys SPEED WALK at a FAST pace, so this was no leisurly hike. No, no, I spent the entire hike in walking as FAST as I could the WHOLE way with my pack on!! And then the boys went and hiked up to different lakes everyday as well while I stayed at camp with my blanket, book, and food to RELAX! They brought back lots of yummy fish and stories to tell so we had a great time! We hiked out Saturday afternoon and since the boys totally worked me going in, I decided to give them a run for their money. I led the pack and walked even faster on the way out if that's even possible and then ran the last mile because I just wanted it over with. 10.5 miles is a long way. Will I do it again? Give me a couple years to forget about it and then, maybe.








1 comments:

Liz B said...

Didn't you know that all Ward boys hike at least twice the speed of any other normal person. I've been attempting to keep up with my brothers and dad all my life and have never succeeded. Congrats on keeping up!

dots